Snow Day Cookies

School was cancelled this morning due to snow. The decision was made early on to knock out some Christmas cookies to give to the neighbors. I'm not ashamed to say that before 10am, the girls and I went through 2 pounds of butter.

I KNOW!

We made Butter Pecan Cookies



Which were so good you'll notice that one is already missing in the photo. Make them. Add a cup of mini chocolate chips and a cup of Heath toffee chips to the dough. You're welcome.

And then we made Red Velvet Shortbread


The original recipe used pistachios for the green which makes for a pretty cookie but I had green sprinkles on hand. I have a thing for sprinkles.
Sprinkles make me happy.

And then because, why not......Sugar Cookies
It is the first day of Christmas Break after all!


And yes, that would be an Ugly Christmas Sweater cookie on the left. We had a lot of fun decorating those. We didn't break out the piping bags or gel food colors, we just went with what we had on hand.

It was a perfect day with my girls. The snow was falling, we had a fire crackling away, and Holiday movies playing. I am most grateful for this snow day. It was a perfect start to the break.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS